Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

The Life And Opinions Of Me!

Went to the cinema tonight, and caught 'A Cock And Bull Story.' I would be lying if I said I found it anything less than utterly hilarious. Genuinely, I should think it's a certainty to be one of the best ten films of the year. It's just so cleverly done - I can't pretend to have read the book, or even heard of it before this film, but I find the idea of a man trying to tell his life story but being totally unable to get past his birth absolutely frickin' great. It just works in a fantastic way - I hardly needed yet another excuse to think Steve Coogan is a legend, but here you are, I've got one anyway.

Go and see it, and ignore the total fools who appear to be upset because it's not two hours of slapstick. It's probably a safe bet to say that if you enjoyed '24 Hour Party People' - and if you didn't, just get the hell off my blog now - then you'll appreciate just how excellent this one is.

Oh, and here's a quick thought about how self-reflexive this all is. Coogan apparently based Alan Partridge in part on Tony Wilson, who he then played in 24 Hour Party People. In this, Wilson interviews him, and starts it by interviewing him as Alan Partridge, meaning that, in a sense, his first question is directed to himself. If you can get your head around that, you can get it around anything. Anyway, go see. I may do a full review some time soon.


What are you waiting for? GO!

Comments:
Paul, I was with you up until "David Walliams". Actually, Ronni Ancona's not that funny either but she's a total shag so I'll let you off.
 
Paul - You won't be disappointed.

Hung - That you also get a momentary glimpse at her arse in this is of the nature of an 'added bonus.'
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?