Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

Words

I haven't time for a long post today, but since I've already criticised someone for a particularly fatuous quote, I thought I'd leave you one I rather liked to ponder on tonight:

"I don't take stuff seriously. I saw 'Hellraiser 3' the other day at Cannes; it's OK, it's a good film, I didn't hate it or anything. I thought it was quite good, but it was all just so serious. Some guy walking round with pins sticking out of his face. I just can't sit there and think ,'this is really scary.' If I made a 'Hellraiser' film, I'd like Pinhead to be whacked against a wall and have all the pins flattened into his face. I immediately start thinking of funny things and gags - that's just the way I am. I doubt I could ever control myself sufficiently to make a serious horror film."

It's director Peter Jackson talking about his early horror work. Think about it, and keep thinking about it, and it's deeper than you first thought.

Also film related, if you have lots of spare time, and fancy a laugh, try this review of 'From Justin To Kelly.' Incredibly, that film, one of the worst I've ever seen - and I've seen a lot of stinkers in my time - has risen up the IMDb worst 100 list to being regarded as only the tenth worst ever. It was a rightful second at one point.

Comments:
Peter Jackson, I love that quote.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?