Wednesday, June 22, 2005

 

This Is What I Call 'The Drunk Man At The Party' Syndrome

One particular right-wing pundit has made an especially embarassing mistake. What the bloke claimed was that anti-war protestors were suggesting various disgusting things, and mentioned 'left, anti-war types and Democrats', and then had a photo of these revolting tossers, who can hardly be described as 'left-wing.'

The error, first of all, is extremely silly. It should have been completely obvious to anyone awake and facing the right way. I'm not going to complain about that though - what I'm going to complain about is the complete non-apology that was subsequently posted. This non-apology, which completely fails to answer the charge that left-wing anti-war protestors should not be tarred with the same brush as nutjobs who spend their time cheering death and destruction of everyone except for those as bigoted as themselves, is exactly the sort of weaselly get-out attempt that drunk people in the pub or at the party always try when they finally get it through to their woozy brains that they've said something particularly stupid.

During the course of writing this blog, I anticipate I will make several mistakes. I may even make a mistake as egregious as this one. The one thing I will promise, however, is that if I should do that, I will apologise like a man, not try and crawl like a snake.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?