Sunday, June 19, 2005

 

Let's Just Hand It Over To The Knack, Shall We?

Okay, so here's the set-up for this post. A couple of days ago, the Melonfarmers reported that there were rumblings of complaint in the Scottish Parliament about the proposed screening of 'Deep Throat' alongside the documentary about the film, 'Inside Deep Throat.' The article they quote, from 'The Scotsman', quoted Shiona Baird, the Green Party MSP for North-East Scotland, moaning and whingeing away.

I was going to write this post as a criticism of what she said. I was going to point out that the accusations of wrongdoing that Lovelace made make a documentary examining the truths behind those claims more, not less important. I was going to comment upon the sheer chutzpah of a representative of a completely different part of Scotland presuming to tell the citizens of Edinburgh how to live their lives. And I was going to say how disgraceful it is that, as a party of the left, the Green Party should turn their back on free speech, not endorse it.

However, two things then happened. Firstly, IanG wrote a letter to the Melonfarmers that beat me to it, and covers most of the important reasons why she is an idiot. Secondly, I got to thinking about what a strange name Shiona is. Then it struck me: comedy gold!

Of course - 'My Sharona' by The Knack! It's so close, I just had to. Sharona/Shiona? Practically the same. At first, I was going to use just a couple of lines in the title of the post, but in fact the whole song is just perfect, given what a sensual person the delectable Shiona clearly is. I should like to point out at this point that this post works better if you're actually listening to 'My Sharona' at the same time.

So, without further ado, I present, courtesy of The Knack, who came up with the original idea, 'My Shiona:'

'Ooh my little pretty one, pretty one.
When you gonna give me some time, Shiona?
Ooh you make my motor run, my motor run.
Gun it comin' off of the line Shiona
Never gonna stop, give it up -
Such a dirty mind.
I always get it up for the touch of the younger kind.
My my my i yi woo. M M M My Shiona...

Come a little closer huh, ah will ya huh.
Close enough to look in my eyes, Shiona.
Keeping it a mystery gets to me
Running down the length of my thighs, Shiona
Never gonna stop, give it up.
Such a dirty mind.
I always get it up for the touch of the younger kind.
My my my i yi woo. M M M My Shiona...

When you gonna give it to me, give it to me.
It is just a matter of time Shiona
Is it just destiny, destiny?
Or is it just a game in my mind, Shiona?
Never gonna stop, give it up.
Such a dirty mind.
I always get it up for the touch of the younger kind.
My my my i yi woo. M M M My Shiona...'



When you gonna give it to me, Shiona?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?